Berry Basil Blast
Plump but focused, delivering ripe blueberry, blackberry, and raspberry flavors. Tangy acidity offers solid structure, with complementary basil details on the finish.
YIELD: 2-3 Servings
PREP TIME: 15 Min.
- ¼ cup frozen berry mix (blueberry, blackberry, raspberry)
- Few sprigs of Thai basil
- Fermented kombucha
- 12 oz. glass flip top bottle
- Mesh strainer
- Place funnel on top of bottle opening.
- Place mesh strainer on top of funnel.
- Pour fermented kombucha into the bottle. Leave 2 in. headspace.
- Add ¼ cup frozen berry mix to bottle. No need to slice frozen berries.
- Pluck Thai basil leaves off of 2-3 sprigs. Add leaves to bottle.
- Gently stir brew.
- Close lid and allow the kombucha to ferment for 1-4 days.
- Store bottle in a cool place.
- After 1-4 days, place finished bottle in refrigerator to slow second fermentation.